Gas grill cooking is considered to be a simple and convenient method for cooking in comparison to other methods. Not only gas grills offer various health benefits but it is super easy to learn how to use a gas grill.
Apart from that you can get an even heat for cooking well and these grills require shorter time for preheating. The gas grills are easy to use, maintain and require fewer efforts of clean-up after you are done with grilling. Learning to use the gas grill is not really hard.
However there are many shapes and sizes of grills available now so you must be aware of instructions given by your manufacturer too. In this article we have shared some simple tips and instructions to follow for gas grills.
How the System Works?
Gas grills operate with a regulated gas flow from propane fuel tank or a natural gas line. This gas is mixed with oxygen that enables the grill to ignite. You can control and adjust the temperature of this grill by turning the flow of gas up or down. While doing this there are many things that you must take care of in order to avoid any dangerous incident to happen.
- Before starting to grill, you would need to get your grill ready for cooking. First and foremost measure is to make sure that the grill is accurately placed on a leveled surface and it should be somewhere around 10-15 feet away from any structure or dwelling.
- Set the lava rocks in the grill’s bottom and place the grill over them. Carefully follow all the instructions given by manufacturers of your grill.
- Connect the tank of propane. Carefully check the gas line for any wear or tear. If you are doubtful about it, avoid using grill.
- Make sure that the control valve is held closed tightly.
- Place the propane tank on its platform with valve opening faced towards the connection of grill. Different brands of gas grills have some variations in connections so you must check instructions. Most of them would have a screw connection and you can simply attach it with a screw nut.
- Must check the connection before you begin to grill.
- Tip: Use a soap solution or a soap-water solution and apply it to valve connection. Open the valve. If you see bubbles in the solution over valve connection, close the valve and do not use grill. If there are no bubbles it means that it is safe to use the connection as it doesn’t have any leakage.
- Light grill while making it certain that the control valve is open. Lid of the grill should be released and make the gas flow control on full. As you turn the control at the same time push the switch of lighter. If there is no lighter switch with your grill, you can light it up with any ordinary manual lighter.
- This action would ignite your grill and you can now use it for cooking.
- If in case the grill doesn’t light up, turn the gas control knob off and try again after a few seconds.
- When cooking/grilling task is complete, must turn off the propane control knob first followed by turning off the gas flow control knob.
Some Tips to Follow for Safe Use
Turning the Grill off
When you are done with grilling, turn the heat temperature to high once again and leave for 5 minutes in order to get any remaining cook off. If you are busy enjoying your freshly grilled food, set a timer on 5 minutes to make sure you don’t forget to turn the grill off.
Turn the grill off by first turning of the valve connection moving the knob clockwise. Turning the propane flow off before turning the burners off would make sure the no gas gets caught in the hoses. Turn all the burners off and let the grill to cool before closing the lid and covering the grill.
Safety Tips For Gas Grills
In order to enjoy a healthy and delicious grilled food, you no need to buy one of the best natural gas grills but by operating the one you already have properly would ensure to give you a safe and healthy grilling experience. So no need to stop now, get started with grilling and make sure that you follow all the safety measures and tips for proper use as these guiding tips would now make your summer barbeque meals even more enchanting and enjoyable.